About Me

My photo
I live in Abilene, TX with my twin boys and husband. I love to make cards and scrapbook and want to learn to sew. I love God and want to serve him every second of my life. I love the fact that I can use cards as a ministry to encourage and brighten others days.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shrinky Dink Bracelets

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to post a picture of the Shrinky Dink Bracelets my nieces made over Thanksgiving!  We had a lot of fun making these.  I used Peachy Keen stamps for some of the faces.  I also learned something very valuable.  I made a bracelet and did not protect it with something and when I got it wet you guessed it it smeared.  We tried some spray on with these and it didn't work either.  We are going to try a different kind of sealer.  Will let you know if I find something that works.  If you use something please let me know!  I used Doodle charms to cut out all these cute little charms with my Cricut.  It was a little tough getting them to cut out but was well worth the effort.  The more detailed the cut the harder.  I even tried the deep cut blade.  I used the kind of shrinky dink you can print on and put my markers in first to outline and then changed out the blade and mult icut 4 times.  Before I cut I hid all the inside features using DS.  I can't wait to make an Easter bracelet.  Doodle charms has some cute charms for that.  I am also thinking this might be a cute project for the Valentines Banquet we have held for our Widows at our past congregations.  So many possibilities!
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment